It is our great pleasure to announce the annual “Graduate Student Prize Emilia Pardo Bazán” (2022). The
purpose of the essay prize is to promote feminist scholarship by those who are entering our profession, are
currently graduate students and members of Feministas Unidas Inc. for the outstanding unpublished essay in
the areas of feminist studies, gender studies, queer studies, transatlantic studies, and studies related to works
of literature and cinema. The selection committee is drawn from officers and members of Feministas Unidas
Inc. Feministas Unidas Inc. reserves the right not to award the prize in any given year.
The rules of the contest are as follows:
- An unpublished paper, between 7,500 to 9,000 words, double-spaced, including notes and works cited
using MLA style current edition (9th edition).
- The graduate student has to be a member of Feministas Unidas Inc. (membership can be paid at the
time of submission and ranges from $15 to $25).
- The paper should be written in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Submission is via this form: https://forms.gle/SKEzkmQuVa9Qs9Rb7 and you have to attach the
a. – C.V in PDF format.
b. – A document in PDF format with the following information: Name, current affiliation, email and
title of the unpublished paper.
c. -The anonymous unpublished paper in PDF format (between 7,500 to 9,000 words, double-spaced,
including notes and works cited using MLA style current edition -9th edition-). Please make sure that
your unpublished paper does not have any personal information or affiliation included in the text or in
the notes. If you have, any questions contact Emily Hind (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Marta Boris Tarré
(email@example.com). This award does not allow submissions via email.
- Submission for the Prize should be received by November 30, 2022 via
https://forms.gle/SKEzkmQuVa9Qs9Rb7 . The winner will receive:
- – A year of free membership in Feministas Unidas Inc.
- – A certificate of having won the contest.
- – A monetary prize of $300 (USD).
4.-Publication of the essay in the journal Ámbitos Feminitas. The author of the winning essay must be
a member of Feministas Unidas Inc. at the time of publication of the essay. The winning essay will
receive corresponding editorial comments from competition readers in preparation for publication.
The award will be presented at the Annual Congress of the MLA or by mail in case the winner will not be
attending the conference. The awarding of the prize remains at the discretion of the jury.